Monday, August 13, 2007

Shut up!!

So, yesterday, I'm chillin' on my butt in my apt, when my friend Nick (an APO buddy from undergrad) calls. He's in town from NYC & had told me he would call while he was around, so I was excited to hear from him. But, his flight was changed at the last minute, so the friend that was supposed to pick him up from the airport is now busy, so could I come get him at 4:45?

I love helping so I say sure, he can buy me a beer & we'll call it even.

So, I hop in the shower &, when I get out, there are 3 missed calls & a voicemail from my mom. I'm wondering what the hell happened, so I call her back.

Mom: "You need to come out to the house. When can you make it out?"

Me: "I don't know.... Maybe Sunday?"

Mom: "No, it needs to be today or tomorow, and I know you're moving Ryan tomorrow, so you have to come out today."

Me: "I kind of have plans. I need to finish getting the house ready & I'm supposed to pick up a friend from the airport later on today."

Mom: "Well, then, I guess you're coming out right now, huh?"

Me: "Fine. Sure. Let me get ready & I'll be out soon."

So, I haul my happy ass out to Lee's Summit. And, what is awaiting me in Lee's Summit?

*Cue Price is Right's Rod Roddy* A fabulous new car!!!





Ok, not brand new, but a 2004 Honda Civic Sedan. It's all pretty & sparkly & champagne-y.

Isn't she beautimous? Her name is Marilyn, and I love her. She is my law school graduation present. She certainly made driving to the airport more enjoyable. And, she got to help move Ryan's stuff into the new house.

New house is adorable. There will be partying here soon enough, and I hope you can all make it out.

Once moving is done, I will resume blogs of slightly more consequence. But, for now, I'm tired & need to unpack stuff.

Love for everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home