Monday, August 13, 2007

I blog therefor I am.... cranky

First, some good stuff:
1. The bar is over & hopefully I passed it & will never have to take the damn thing again.
2. Colorado was wonderful. Denver was stupid fun, playing disc golf in the mountains was A-mazing, and there was incredible beer EVERYWHERE. More stories & some pictures later.

But, first, the reason I am blogging at 9:23am, when I don't even have Internet in my apartment.

I couldn't sleep last night. Didn't think much of it, just some insomnia. But, it made it so that, at 6:40, when I got up to go walking with Summer, I'd managed just over 4 hours of sleep. I was damn tired during the walking, but knew I could go back to my apt & sleep afterwards, so no worries. Summer & I had a lovely walk & we went by the house Ryan & I are renting & poked in the windows & looked at our super cute backyard. Yay. Whee.

I get back to my place a little before 8, and lay down on the couch to nap until about 9, whne I am planning on getting up, showering off my funk, and starting my day.

At 8:20, I'm finally drifting off, having stopped sweating from the mugginess I was waking in, and there's a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I call.

Nothing.

"Hello?" I say.

Still nada.

Ryan now says, no louder than I had, "Hello?"

Male voice says back, "Maintenance."

Clearly, me & the guy who wouldn't respond 'til a guy talked to him? We're best friends already.

I throw on some pants & open the door.

Me: "Morning."

Dude: "Morning. We're here to take your bathroom apart."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Dude: "Yeah. Your toilet is leaking into the apartment below, so we have to take your bathroom apart to fix some pipes and get the thing taken care of." Pause. "Didn't you get our note?"

Me: "Nope, I sure didn't. So, what are you doing again? I thought someone came in a couple weeks ago and fixed the leak into the apartment below."

Aside: Not only did they come in & "fix" it a couple weeks ago, they tore by bathroom apart, left random crap all across my hallway when they were done, and, since they"fixed" it, my toilet has developed the habit of running for about 20 seconds every 2-3 minutes. It's fun. Anyway...

Dude: "Yeah, well, apparently, it didn't take of the problem."

At this point, some other dude with a foul, pseudo-handlebar moustache & who is wearing sunglasses inside walks into the hallway carrying a wet-vac. Charming.

Dude2: "We're going to try and get this done as fast as possible, but it'll probably take 4-5 hours."

Me: "Oh. Well, alright, then."

Dude2: "It might take less, but that's my guess for it right now."

Me: "Fantastic. Well, you gotta do what you gotta do."

So, they come inside. And, within 10 minutes, my toilet has been detached from the floor and moved into the middle of the bathroom.

And, now, here I am. Sitting in Muddy's coffeeshop. I am tired and unshowered. I have not had a chance to poop yet today. I cannot use my bathroom until, at least, 12:30. Fabulous.

And, to shmear a little icing on the cake? I have a second interview at Houston's at 2:30. Yes, it's waiting tables. Yes, I hate waiting tables. But, I am too poor right now to put off finding a job, or to be too proud to take something that - while neither glamorous nor remotely related to any of my degrees - will make me some money and keep food in my pantry.

If you want, feel free to come see me.

But, yes, if the plumber who wears sunglasses inside takes longer than his estimate, I will not have time to shower before my interview, and I don't really want to go in smelling like gross sweat-funk.

I am a cranky, gross, tired girl who needs to poo & it does not make me happy.

Bastard fuckers who can't fix the f-ing toilet right the first time....

And, seriously? Note? What f-ing note? Now, I know I'm going to sound a little crazy & all conspiracy theory-y (oh, I said it), but maybe my crazy neighbor is being a dick again. I mean, someone in my building used to rip my FedEx delivery notices off the front door, rip them up, and throw them in the bushes. No, really. Lemme see if I can find a link to that old blog.... Ah. Here ya go.

Or, maybe my maintenance guys just suck & forgot to put the note on my door.

Either way, I am a cranky Lizzard. At least the coffee here is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home